Dryer duct cleaning: a safety issue
Your dryer duct can accumulate a lot of dust, debris, and lint over the years. These accumulations can clog and obstruct your ducts if professional cleaning is not done regularly. The consequences of poor maintenance of your dryer ducts can be very serious, even disastrous.
The accumulation of lint in the duct produces an overheating of the appliance that will lead to a much higher energy expenditure and a shorter life of your device.
The most serious risk is that of dryer fires, since the lint that clogs your duct is highly flammable and subject, in case of poor maintenance, to very high temperatures.
Call on our qualified technicians now, with more than 22 years of experience in unblocking and cleaning dryer ducts, ventilation ducts, and air exchangers. It is thanks to this impeccable work that Groupe Impérial is one of the companies recommended by the CAA.
Our methods of cleaning dryer ducts
We have two methods for cleaning dryer ducts:
- Pulse with an air compressor: this highly efficient technique allows you to expel, thanks to a very powerful air compressor, any lint, dust, and dirt that would be inside your duct and the flexible duct that communicates with the dryer.
- Pulse-friction suction: This method, less used than the first one, is the same one we use to clean the heating and ventilation ducts. It allows you to clean your ducts with forced air, a friction action using a soft brush and a suction action that sends dirt into our waste recovery units. This method is ideal for unclogging and cleaning the interior of longer dryer ducts or ducts in a straight line.
Our services also include the replacement of your old outer cap with a new cap with safety grids.
Discover without further delay our cleaning services of ventilation ducts, of air exchanger and wall air conditioning cleaning.
When to clean your dryer duct?
A dryer duct cleaning cycle every 2 to 3 years is highly recommended. However, there may be signs of an obstructed and potentially dangerous duct. Immediate cleaning will be very necessary when:
- Towels, jeans, and other heavy clothes take a long time to dry, even when your dryer seems to be working.
- Including after the drying phase, your clothes are wet or warmer than usual.
- The shutters on the outdoor vent do not open when your dryer is running.
- Your dryer shuts off continuously before the end of its cycle.
If you recognize these signs, take care of your safety, that of your family and your home. Contact the Groupe Impérial to clean the ducts of your dryer.
Would you like to know more about our cleaning and repair services for carpets and rugs, and our other services?
Our customer service will be happy to answer all your questions.
We work in Montreal and many cities (Greater Montreal).
We are at your disposal for any information about our services and rates.
514-965-5151 : Montreal/ South Shore
450-231-8282 : North Shore
You can also use our email at the bottom of the page to contact the Imperial Group team.